Pages

Translate

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

QUOTES ON PRACTICE

I just ran across a sheet of paper in my files and thought it worthy of sharing. It's from readersdigest.com 3/10

"If I've learned nothing else, it's that time and practice equal achievement." 
         - Andre Agassi, Open: An Autobiography

"Talent is only a starting point." 
          - Irving Berlin

"One day of practice is like one day of clean living. It doesn't do you any good."
          - Abe Lemons, basketball player and coach

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
          - Beverly Sills

This final quote is attributed to "Tim Duncan, basketball player, quoting his mother" - but I am sure I have heard it elsewhere as well. No matter who said it first, it is still a valuable thought:

"Good - Better - Best.
Never let it rest, 
until
Your Good is Better,
and 
Your Better is Best."

Now, go practice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment